Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Happy New Year...2007


Every New Year's Day, for as long as I can remember our Church has had a family skate :) It is yet another one of those traditions that makes my heart happy.

I love seeing everyone out doing something fun with all the other families. I love the impromptu races that take place and how every year my mother tries to see if she can still "shoot the duck" like when she was little (she always can too). I like to watch the little kids with their helmets on just waiting for their dad to put them up on his shoulders... oh, those were the good ol' days ;) I love the rosy cheeks and runny noses and the laughter when people wipe out and fall down. I like watching parents tie their kids skates and even more, how now, years later, those kids are tying other's skates (hence the first picture). I could just summarize that I love my Church Family :D I know I wouldn't feel quite the same if I were at another church's skate, I'm sorry, I have to admit it :) And...every year the fun continues on to the Fall River Rec Center where we have the annual Chili and Baked Bean Potluck. This year however, we christened our new ministry center the "Open Gate" and held our potluck there (pictures to come of the whole building). As always where was SOOO much food, but it was lots of fun. There are no people on earth who I would rather have brought in 2007 with :)

2 comments:

julia said...

Wow Dave, way to add beauty to that one pic. yeesh.
CHRIS! New years skate was fun with you, and it was neat meeting Craig:).

Nate & Amy Kidder said...

Hi Christiane!

I've just been reading through your recent posts. What a fun blog with so many pics of your life! I'm a huge Anne of Green Gables fan too -- grew up addicted to it. Maybe someday we can watch it on my laptop in one of our mud huts!

Amy