Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"When God made you, He must have been thinking about me..."


Awe... This wedding was wonderful :D This is the first wedding (that I attended) that I can recall where I knew both bride and groom well and was convinced that they were God's best for the other person... it was so special.

Josh is usally a pretty happy guy by nature, but he had a goofey-proud smile plastered all over his face all day... and no wonder... Krista was just beautiful :D

Christmas is a great time to have a wedding, you can get such nice things for decorating... like christmas trees! :D And all the little white lights-well, I guess you could do that anytime of year, but they are just that much nicer at Christmas is seems... oh, and they even worked a Christmas Carol into the music... great ideas :)

Speaking of music, Josh actually wrote a song for Krista and then Brad, one of his groom's men, put it to music and sang it with Sheilagh at during the wedding. It was SO nice... well done 'Shua... and well done singers! Since I'm already talking about music, I'd just like to add my two cents worth and say that I just loved the amount of Country music that was in the wedding and reception :) Fun song to walk out to too... "There's a new wind blowin' like I've never known... I'm breathin' deeper than I've ever done... and it sure feels good, to finally feel the way I do-o-o... I wanna love somebody, love somebody like YOU..."

Just a warning you two, but there are a few phrases from your wedding vows that I just might steal for myown (one day far down the road). My dad said to me later, "I don't think I've ever felt so convicted by vows in a wedding." Interpretation?..."woa, those were good... and intense"! :D

I don't have super good pictures of the people who stood for Josh and Krista, but I'll put up a few pictures here... Krista's girls were: her best friend Jenna, her sister Shanna, and her good friend Erica. Josh's men were: his best friend (and roommate from BBC) Dalton, his good friend Brad, and his brother Luke. The other two in that picture are Josh's last 2 brothers Dan (beside Josh) and Ben (the youngest), they were ushers in the wedding.

As a family we all had a really great time being out there. I'm SO thankful that Nanny and especially Pappy were able to go. Pappy prayed at the reception and boy did I cry :D I pray that Pappy will be able to pray at my wedding one day... :) We all stayed at the same hotel and the cousins went swimming in the evenings and were able to lend some hands to help get things done... it was just all really good and fun :)

Oh, one thing that was so good for my soul was being able to drive by Briercrest (where I went to Bible Collage) going to and from Swift for the wedding... once in the evening, when we went in to Caronport to drive around (I got to go up to my old hall, and walk through the chapel...sigh...I miss that place-the way it was... I also got to spend a few minutes with an SIM couple that I know, which was nice), and once in the morning :D Truely the lighting there is always the same. EVERY early winter morning at BBC has the same crisp blue sky look, the one where your breath just hangs in the air and the sun reflects of the snow... oh, glorious :D

Well, I think that's a pretty good overview of everthing... in short, it was a beautiful day-very honoring and glorifying to the Lord :) I'm so excited for you both... I can't wait to see what He has in store for you as a team in His service :D Proud of you 'Shua... Love you two.

4 comments:

The Essons said...

Hey Chris -Great post -I love your pictures. You're right -Josh does look very happy!

julia said...

ohh, I so wish that I'd been there. your family is fabulous. KRISTA... you just joined possibly the most wonderful family ever.

Ian Lau said...

haven't stopped by in a while but nice to see the Butterdome down there! i miss e-town.

Janna said...

hey...so nice to see the pics of ...possibly the most wonderful family ever, he he. Julia, you're funny...but keep it up! :)