Thursday, January 04, 2007

Traditions


Those of you who know me, know that I am a person on tradition... I need it in my life :) After 6 years of living out west I have started a few of myown traditions (it's probably a coping mechanism). Every year I have gone to the Butterdome Christmas Craft Fair. It's really big, really Christmasy, and puts me in a good mood every time :D My first year there I even got to see Tracy and Debbie Hoffos! Anyway, I just thought I'd show you a picutre of my favorite Edmonton Christmas Tradition :)

I have been eyeing one booth inparticular for the past 5 years...it's called "Pressed Wishes" and they make artwork out of pressed leaves and flowers. It seriously is just so beautiful... I especially love their pressed leaves... the maple leaves make me so patriotic inside that I want to sing "Oh, Canada" on the spot :) Anyway, this year I used some Graduation money that I was given to buy a really beautiful picutre for myself... when I'm in Africa one day it will remind me of home and make my heart all the more happy :D This photo doesn't quite do my picture justice, but maybe you'll enjoy it anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its nice :)

Hey, thank REALLY ALOT for driving me and lending us your room and buying tea at Tim Hortons and being real nice about it. Reeeeeeeeally.

I'm ok! Catching up on reading your blog.

Christiane said...

hey...it was absolutly NO problem :) In fact it was nice to spend time with you guys! And, I'm always up for a road trip :D Glad things are going ok in Sackville...don't party too hard Beth ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeaaa YOu updated your blog! Hope your Christmas was very Merry Chris... See you soon. Enjoy the East while you're there :)
Amy

The Essons said...

Hey Chris -It was so great to see you over the holidays -I love your new pictures!

Love ya!

Grace said...

I'm such a huge fan of pressed flowers and leaves too, and the one you bought is beautiful! :)