Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Women After God's Own Heart

This is my last post from living in Edmonton... There will be a lot said here -perhaps not so much in quantity of words, but in the weight of their message (I hope). There will be lots of details skimmed over perhaps, and some hidden messages that only their intended receiver will understand... however, I pray that you all will find some blessing here too.

At the beginning of the last "academic year" (around August/September -ish) the Lord was starting to bring out many themes for me (and in some cases, the whole girls Navigator group) for the year. The spiritual concept of a river had been tumbling around my head during the summer, and the idea of "bearing fruit"/growing deep. I was reading Psalm 1 one day and came to these verses "...But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season, and its leave does not wither, and in whatever he does he prospers." I remember feeling that the Lord had hinted those verses at Me and my 2 friends from Navigators Amy and Genevieve. The reasons were multiple and different for each of us... (and even now, reading them thinking about these 2 girls that I love so much brings tears to my eyes!) I had shared these verses at a staff (Navs) prayer time in September, and Kath Blacklock also shared how she had been feeling that "growth" and "grow up" was being laid on her heart to pray for both the U of A, and U of C campuses for the year... Intersting :)

As you may have read in my past blogs this year, there have been some really difficult times -but, by God's Grace, some of those same times have been the high points in what the Lord has been doing and showing us in Edmonton. The past few weeks that I was there I was struggling with leaving -not because I didn't want to come home- but because I would no longer be a direct part of people's lives who I love so much... more specifically these two beautiful women here :) After seeing the Lord do SO much, and to see at the same time where He has yet to "go" or "take" them, leaving was like only getting to see the introduction of a movie and then walking out... -but not just any random movie, one that the Producer has asked you to be directly invested in, perhaps to even play a small charater role... but then He asks you to leave way before you get to see His ending...

Well, our Lord is so faithful to us, as He gave me a glimpse of what He was doing one night while I was hanging out with Him. A while before (like months) He had really impressed upon my heart Isaiah 61:1-6 in relation to Africa (more specifially, Sudan -where I am going this next year... Surprise! if this is the first you are hearing of it :P). I hadn't read it in a while but that night I pulled out (I think I was feeling the need to be reminded of why I was leaving)... I love the way the Holy Spirit works in and through Scripture... I started just bawling while I read it as I saw (almost visually) how it was relating to both leaving these girls and heading off to Sudan... It speaks of my passion for them all to find the FREEDOM that only comes from Christ, and the vision the Lord has given me that they all will not be bound by the sins and choices of generations before them (war, families torn apart, addictions, spritiual poverty...). It says that "they will be called OAKS of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that HE may be glorified." AMEN. I'm crying as I type cause I can hear the heartbeat of our Father in these verses, and for me personally, the echo of this heartbeat brings Sudan and Amy and Gen to my mind. I was (and am) so greatful to the Lord for this time with Him becuase He showed me how during the year He had begun this process of 'firmly planting us' and how in ourown time (that He ordained) the fruit would start or continue to be born (Psalm 1) then 'brought the ear to a close' so to speak, for me by helping me see His vision for these girls to be "called oaks of righteousness." My Cup Runneth Over :)

Girls these verses are my prayer for you... that you will keep giving Him the room to grow you into these "Oaks of righteousness", that HE alone will bind-up and heal your broken hearts and set you Free, causing you to forever Praise Him and not mourn, that He will enable you to raise up what has been destroyed and be called 'ministers of our God'... that you may bring Him Glory all the days of your lives :)

1 comment:

The Essons said...

Great post Chris! It's so wonderful to see how the Lord leads us! Continue to follow Him and be amazed at His awesome plans for your life!

God Bless!
Love, Steph