Thursday, August 23, 2007

More Memories and People to Cherish

To accurately represent my time spent at different places out here, I should have a whole blog dedicated to my favorite Ethiopian resteraunt (sorry, that is one word I've NEVER been able to spell)!! This last time we went the food was SOOOOO good... mmmm, oh- I can't even tell you how much I could go for some Ethiopian food right now!! Ohhhh, and some tea... mmmm. Ok, I must stop now -it's just that our Ethiopian "eat-in-facility" (how I avoid having to spell) in Halifax just doesn't compare with Langano Skies.

Even though I'm risking giving the impression that this blog entry is entirely about food, I'd like to show you my favorite Ice Cream place too... it's called Marble Slab, and yep, you guessed it, we don't have one in Hali ;) All the icecream is made on location, so you pick your flavor and then get to pick what you want in it from all the different kinds of candy they have there (you can sorta see all the jars in the picture) Moving on...

Too my Roommate :D Awe, Pumpkin, how I love thee ;) 2+ years of laughter really... I have so many stories to tell about this girl... Bathroom lab samples, Kitchen mould growth, Livingroom "Friends" marathons while we pig out on "Crispy Chicken Pecan Salad" from Boston Pizza, Bedroom CheezeWiz nights, Back stairway TreadMill from "Lead-vill" (aka... it was the heaviest thing known to man!!)... oh the list is long :) Pam I miss laughing with you into the wee, wee, wee hours of the morning, and praying with you over the drama of our lives :D Olga, you too love... I miss you making me laugh, your postive spirit and just watching you be an amazing mom to your kids... you are awesome :) Oh, this is Dana everyone, Scott and Olga's newest kiddlet (they have all now moved to East Asia!)

Here are a few pictures of a fun-rain-filled night that Gen and I went out and played during a big thunder storm! It was so much fun, and we got totally soaked -it was raining SO hard. We have a few "special" qualities of our little Happy Place appartment, one of them being our windows -the one in the living room is our favoite, mostly because once it's up, it takes a crow bar to get down, and once it's down it takes a crow bar to get up :D When the storm started that night the window was UP and for the life of us we couldn't get it closed... so the rain and wind pelted in until we got this towel rigged up with some packing tape (which I ended up running out of, probably due to this project!). The funniest part was that Grace had moved in and was sleeping on our big green bed right beneath the window, and she started freaking out, swatting at Gen and I, and squeeling "close the window... oh my gosh!... close the window" and laughing :D Gen and I almost peed out pants laughing so hard... never a dull moment in the Happy Place :D

I took this last picture with Paul's camera on the way to the Airport the morning I flew out... and I think it speaks for it's self :)

1 comment:

Janna said...

oh Chris. so nice to read your update and your ode to E-town. :) nice pictures too...you are beautiful. love you. j