Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coming to an End

I have some photo documentation of my last official Navs gathering that I attended before I moved... felt sorta wierd, I've gotta say. There were lots of people there, and a few that I hadn't seen in quite a while too, so it was nice to get to see them and say goodbye.

We had a BBQ (there is rarely navs without food), and they even had a special "going away" cake for me... ahhh, but not just any cake... an icecream cake.... ahhh, but not just any icecream cake... a peanutbutter and chocolate icecream cake from Baskin Robins -mmmmm it doesn't get any better than that for Christiane :) Do my friends know me or what!!
I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it either... as evidenced by the big icecream streaks left on Gen's shirt from licking the cake plate!! hehe...

We also had a nice camp fire, and ate s'mores... mmm. Actually, I need to say that Gen started the fire (with some suggestions from the peanut gallery on-lookers) and was pretty proud of herself :P

It was a fun night... we had a nice photo shoot in the back yard... little did Amy and Gen and I know that it was the first of a few before I would leave... :P

I have more pictures of that night then I do things to say for inbetween them! :P

But, I can say this... I think I only had a slight inkling at the time for how much I would miss Navigators when I got home... and even now I think it will hit me even more in the fall when I'm not helping out at the booth during kick off week... When I call back and listen to Paul and Amy taking about plans for this coming year I feel a bit of emptyness in my heart that I'm no longer out there and a part of that. Don't get me wrong, I do know that it was time to come home, but the last 5 years of my life -and this past year in particular, the Lord used the ministry of those people in my life more than words can say. Truely I am blessed and SO thanful for the people God has placed across my path... my cup runneth over. Paul, Amy, Gen, Brian and Kath, Simon, and all the rest of you... thanks guys, for allowing the Lord to work mightly in and through your lives. I miss, miss, miss you :)

No comments: