Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy Birthday Julia!!


In August a bunch of us were really sneaky and came up with a marvelous plan to kidnap julia and get her all the way to Peggy's Cove for a surprise Birthday party for her, of course, without her knowing it...

I was supposed to get her there, which is tricky cause I'm not always the best liar! But, we'd hung out the night before and were planning on going to Peggy's the next morning -the only problem was that we'd stayed up until 2 am and I had to get her to our destination by 10:30!! I was so worried that she's suspect something was up cause I am NO early riser and for us to be there on time would mean we'd get like 5-6 hours of sleep only... hummmmm. So, I made up some crazy excuse why we shouldn't sleep in but get to Peggy's asap in the morning.... "the summer is almost over julia and we have to beat all the tourists or the place will be packed!!" Ridiculous... I was SO sure she saw straight through me!

But she bought it!!! We were late, but we got there and she was SO surprised to see everyone waiting for her on a blanket on the rocks! I was perfect :D

We had an awesome breakfast just sitting on the rocks... random people (tourists) were taking our pictures as if we were part of the scenery, like the ocean or the lighthouse! We laughed a lot, toasted Julia with some sparkling apple cider saying all the things we loved about her (at which point I accidentally dumped my glass of juice in my lap so it looked like I peed my pants- great! :P) Anyway, it was an awesome morning, Julia was surprised and all was well in the world :) Love you Jules, Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

julia said...

Awwwww, Chris!! This is such a good one! I was seriously fully surprised. I didnt even get it right away when I saw everyone there.

Thanks so much, girls!!

p.s. "Toursits".. haha yea right.

Christiane said...

sshhhhh... we can't let everyone know ;) I'll get in trouble!