Friday, December 14, 2007

Apples, Apples, Apples


At long last!! -I am FINALLY home for the Fall (the true, red, orange & yellow fall!) so that I can pick apples... my FAVORITE thing to do in Nova Scotia in the Fall :D For as long as I can remember, either our family or the youth group would go to the valley for Apple Picking... the orchards always have free apple cider for you and you fill up your big clear plastic bags with either 5 or 10 lbs of MacIntosh, Gravenstine, or Cortland apples -and of course, you can eat as many as you'd like while you are picking... my absolute favorite are the Cortlands... mmm :)

This year, my first apple picking was with mom and dad... we also got pumpkins too -we spend the whole day in the valley which was really nice -I'd forgotten how beautiful it is down there...
We got lots of fresh veggies, stopped for curd at the cheese factory, ate fish and chips at a little fishing cove -it was an awesome day!

The next time I went apple picking, it was Jenn's Birthday, and a bunch of us went. I don't have a picture of it, but I was attacked by a ladder at one point, then a big apple fight began -dude... those really hurt when they connect with you!! :) (you can't really see it, but in that picture there are a few apples flying through the air!)

It's so nice to be home, doing the things that I've missed for so long, with the people that I've missed for so long :) I am enjoying Nova Scotia... just in case you couldn't tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks funny

julia said...

too bad you forgot to mention the part where I was up that tree and you all threw apples at me??!
That was a super fun day.