Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thanksgiving with the Tan Man

About a week before Thanksgiving my friend Paul made a spontaneous decision to come to Nova Scotia for a visit!! He was here for a week and it was great to show him around to some of my favorite places and introduce him to some of my favorite people :)

Of course, the first stop was to Peggy's Cove where we stayed for a few hours, both of us doing work or reading on our own corner of Peggy's rocks :) I just love sitting and 'BE'ing there, listening to the waves crash and the spray catch the sunlight... mmm, nothing better, really... hopefully Paul caught a bit of that awe and appreciation that afternoon... actually, I'm pretty sure he did cause he asked if we could go back sometime, but we never got too --next visit Paul ;)

Another day we went on a hike with a bunch of people, to Cape Split, in the Valley (where all the apples and exciting things grow). Jordan and Julia both were there -they know Paul from when they lived in Edmonton, along with Ally, Kristen, & and Luke -it was a fun day. It felt like a pretty long hike before we finally got out to the cape... but eventually we could all collapse in the grass and wind to relax and enjoy the amazing view (pictures never do things like this justice!) The cliffs here are just crazy... if you ever fell, you'd just die -happy thought huh? It was a really peaceful afternoon, and from here we went for some fish and chips -all part of the experience!

Paul and I had multiple expeditions out to find the perfect leaves... unfortunately we had a really warm Fall here and our leaves all turned at least 2 weeks later than normal, meaning that Paul wasn't here at their peek -bummer. Anyway, I have a few pics of some nice leaves... you'll just have to use your imagination a little bit (those of you not from out here!)

And what would be a trip to NS to visit me without a stop in at camp!! Malagash is probably the thing that means the most to me (besides people) so I was really glad I could show Paul around. Of course, he HAD to get a picture at the anchor- it's tradition :) We also went for a walk down at the beach and sloshed through the water to get out to the sandbar (cold, wet jeans on a windy day? no problem :P)

I love this last picture ... I didn't even realize, but Paul pointed out that this street in my subdivision is his first name (his Chinese name) - Howe Tan! I tried to tell him that I had it specially put in for his visit but he didn't believe me :P It was fun to have you here Paul and great to show you some of my life back at home -Thanks for comin' to 'lil ol' Nova Scoter :)

2 comments:

Joli said...

It's great to hear about you and Paul, Christiane! I miss you - you were always so welcoming and funny! Are you back to Africa now?

Camille said...

jealous. lol I miss Peggy's Cove, and only get to experience it through the calendar on the wall of the senior's home. As I watch the -36 low visibility blizzard outside.
Paul never told me he went there. sigh. Too ministry focused to gab about his own life. haha
Got your letter - sounds great and can't wait to chat it up with you in person!