Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Last Road Trip

A few weekends ago I rented my last "rent-a-prize" car in Edmonton (a sexy silver mint green Hyundai number which stunk of smoke) and headed South with my Amy... We were off for one last road trip (after a quick stop at a gas station for a Vanilla air-freshener on the way out of the city!), some quality time, and some goodbyes in Calgary. We were going to stop into Drumheler to see the 'Bad Lands' where all the dinosaurs where found, since I'd never been there, even though I've been meaning to go for 5 years!... But, that didn't happen, cause we spontaneously changed our course through Red Deer to visit some of Amy's friends at a camp in the back woods then arrive into Calgary through the mountain scenic route, yes, ...one last time. It's my favorite stretch of Mountains, around the Colombia Ice Fields, and I was really happy I got to see it again! The most beautiful part is (see picture) mountains with a lake at the bottom... water makes everything-even mountains more beautiful :)

Further down the highway we saw a bear off on the side of the road! It was so exciting. And he was just so cute wandering around munchin' on food. We watched him for about a 1/2 hour... a great touch to our time in the Rockies :D

The rest of our weekend was spend visiting people! It was so great to to see so many and have good conversations, but it was tiring :) We spent the morning with Brian and Kath Blacklock (a special Navs couple originally from England), then the afternoon with Phil and Marcia Leskawich -an SIM couple that have been really special to me the past 5 years. In the evening we went out for dinner with Renee and Rachel -2 Calgary Navers :) It was great! The next morning, I had breakfast with Renee, then was off to church for one last service listening to my favorite prof from BBC :) I also ran into Matt & Leila, and Owen & Lauren! After goodbyes and thank yous at "the Swamp" (U of C Nav girls house) and the girls who let us crash on the couches we headed north on the highway! Only one last stop... in Red Deer to see Jenn & Rick Cochrane one last time :) It was a fun and exhausting road trip! Thanks for commin' Aim :) And thanks for risking your life to lean over backwards if our hot little car to take this picture of the clouds :D
Love you all...

3 comments:

Béthany said...

Hey Cris

Can I list you as a character reference on a volunteer application I am filling out? When are you finally going to be in Halifax? There's no place like home, you know.

The Essons said...

Hey Chris -Looks like you had a wonderful last weekend -BEAUTIFUL pictures! Have a great trip back east!

Anonymous said...

ohhh that was such a great weekend! And you should be back home by now... how fabulous. I'm currently at work (not suppose to be on here...opps but it's a downtime so it's all good!)
Thx for all the fabulous memories Chris... later chica

Amy