Saturday, June 02, 2007

Last day in Ecuador...

My last few days in Ecuador I tried to cram in as much of seeing people as I could! Between church meetings, movie night, and late night chats with some of my favorite people, it was pretty packed.

My very last day was actually a "Delgado/Fox Family Day!" :D All four men came over around 11 am, Lucho (dad) was going to cook lunch for us! Pedro, Lucho and I took their little beater car down the highway to the Supermaxi grocery store which was pretty funny, cause Lucho is just silly and this store was pretty "up-ety" if you know what I mean...we stuck out like 3 sore thumbs and I thoroughly enjoyed it :) We had a great lunch outside in the back yard...Lucho is a fabulous cook. After lunch we sat around for a while and just talked... the boys told stories about growing up, about Lucho-most of which he denied :P We listened to music and enjoyed the company... hours were running out and my love for this family, our family, made the day really special. We had an appointment for Coco that evening, to see an neurologist in the city (he's been sick for a while with migraines, blackouts, and a few other odd symptoms). We headed off, all 6 of us in the little car (sorta like a clown circus trick :P) only to get stuck in the evening Guayaquil traffic and take a wrong turn... Lucho was SO unimpressed, and really isn't a confident driver in tense situations :) We were all worried that we'd miss the appointment, but it turned out we just squeaked in! Afterward, we got ice cream, and headed back home... and to say goodbyes on the side of the highway :( Sigh... goodbyes with these boys are SOO difficult, the only way I could get through and not cry was to keep saying "I'll see you at Christmas." (which now isn't going to happen... I try not too think much on that...) Anyway, it was a beautiful day with them :D

During the day some others had stopped by, mostly to drop off love notes for other Canadians and for Tim and Lil for me to take home :) Ruth, Miguel Arrocito, and then in the evening a complete house full of youth from the church. It was lots of fun, and really good to have the opportunity to say goodbye to everyone. Janna and I stayed up for a while talking and packing, then got up really early for the last airport trip of the camp season... another year... done. I can't believe the time went so fast, but it was just wonderful. What a gift the Lord gives us, the people in our lives, and the ability to love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris this blog made me cry. Could have something to do with the fact that it's 345am and maybe i'm a little emotional when tired but it was just a great blog!

A