Friday, February 16, 2007

The Open Gate

Our Church, for as long as I can remember, has met in Fall River's Jr. High School Gym, and now, after all these years, we have a ministry center! It is one of those "modular home" types (I still don't really get how it works), but it comes in pieces! It's a beautiful building and a wonderful opportunity to have people in the community come and be apart of the programs and get to know our church community... I'm so excited for the church family and the opportunities the Lord has in store! (Jay this post is mostly for you... wanted you to see the new place, and I threw in explanations for everyone else that might see it)This is Judy, our secretary :) She is lots of fun and her desk is right inside the front door. She is the best person to welcome people! Every time I came into the Open Gate while I was at home, Judy had at least 2 people talking at her desk and laughing...
This is a room set up for Bible studies and stuff, really comfy couches, a piano, soon to be a fireplace, and a TV. It's a beautiful room. Oh, and this is John Bryant ("cousin") playing his guitar :D
This is the Mom's And Tot's room. A few days every week, Janice Ching and a few other women run this program with mom's in the community.
This is the Youth Room... nice couches, bean bag chairs, Foozball, games... :D This room is upstairs along with the kitchen, Jer's Office, and a big open room (the one we had the church potluck in after the New Year's skate). That window looks out across the street to the lake... I sat in that window and read my Bible for a long time one after noon, it was great!
And this is Jeremy's Office (Youth Pastor)! He is holding a birthday gift from Sarah (his wife). His office joins by a glass door to the youth lounge, and he's got bean bag chairs in his office too... for all those troubled youth coming in to seek his council :) ...much like I did while I was home :) I think he's pretty excited about his own space, then again the whole church, and especially the elders all look like "kids in a candy store" when they enter this building! Come to think of it, I didn't get a picture of the outside! Good heavens! Well, it's red with white trim... how is that for a mental picture...it's the best I can come up with for now :) So, there you have it... this is our Open Gate Ministry Center :)

1 comment:

Briggins said...

I see the best game in the world on Jer's desk.