Saturday, February 03, 2007

Fun, Food, & Friends :)

I love being home... have I said that lately?? I LOVE being HOME :D It was so good for my heart to be with friends that I've missed for so long...


One night a few of us went out for Ethiopian food in Halifax. It just so happened that that night there were torrential rains, down pour, deluge... undo waters!!! (that's for you Jay ;) We were in the middle of eating and some one barged in the restaurant doors proclaiming that we were the only ones with power on the whole street!--the whole street was black, except us in our little Ethiopian Restaurant. I have to say, I was really impressed with these guys, cause they ate a lot of the food (this little place was no Langano Skies like the one in Edmonton...I have to say... I wouldn't really go back :S). They even ate the ingera that was made out of 100% teff... this is quite a feat-I struggle and I've been eating it for 2 1/2 years! Well, good food or not, we had fun running through the rain to get back to our cars! :D

Another day I went to Peggy's Cove with Julia :) Now, Peggy's is usually one of my first stops when I get home, but this Christmas was so busy that it took me a almost 3 weeks before I finally got there! It's amazing how cold Peggy's Cove is in the winter... even when it's sunny! Jules and I were SO cold... my feet started to go numb after we'd sat and talked for a bit... so we headed inside for some yummy seafood chowder and tea :D

It's amazing how even just the drive to this place energizes my soul, makes me breath deeply and, and makes my heart happy.

The exact same thing can be said of Malagash however...

Another day, Jenn and I headed off in the van, full of music and lots to talk about, for the 2 hour drive towards camp :) We stopped in Tatamagouche - the town near by that we at camp lovingly refer to as "Tatty"- for lunch at my favorite place for fish and chips... ummm.

At camp we went for a nice walk on the beach, down to the Jordan river, which was really high and fast! When trying to cross the "Pond Recreation Area", and show Jenn how easy it would be to jump over, I totally got stuck in, like, quicksand! It was so funny, I almost peed my pants, and Jenn just stood on the bank doubled over laughing at me trying to get un-stuck!

Anyway, it was a nice afternoon, just talking, spending time with the Lord, reminiscing about camp times, walking in the sand...

There were even dear in the graveyard... two in fact! Oh--and for you westerners...THIS is was sea glass looks like :) ...

Ahhh, I love this place. There truly are places on this earth that I feel the Lord gives more of His Presence too than others... Malagash is one of them.

I have been so blessed by the people the Lord has brought into my life. I love my friends. I love spending time them. I love making memories... thanks you guys... I love you :D

2 comments:

julia said...

aww Chris. you make my heart happy.
I really miss you. and miss christmas break. and no school. and languano skies... because now i'm sicked out by the thought of E food. horrible, eh??!

mwahhh.i miss you. come home. love J

Janna said...

oh, how great was this post. :) so many sweet faces and places...those camp pictures were fabulous. I wish I had been there to pee my pants with you when you got stuck. :)