Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Devine-ly Blessed...

The last month of my life has been such a blessing from the Lord. I have had 2 of my closest friends out here in Edmonton to visit...My Cup Runneth Over.

One of those people is this hot chick right over there...Kimmy DeVine. For a whole week Kim and I got to spend time together, enouraging one another, laughing, being rediulous, and enjoying the good gifts that the Lord gives His Children...Kim is one of those good gifts to me :)

There is just something about spending time-day in and day out-with someone who knows you so well, who understands what makes you tick, and loves you inspite of all your faults! :D

One of many reasons that I love hanging out with Kim is that I get to do things...random things...that I have only ever off-handedly thought of doing.... Like, going out an buying a whole Baskin Robins Birthday Cake and eating most of it in one night...what were were celebrating?? Well, we weren't exactly sure, but it was a happy night: Watching Run Away Bride ("our" movie) and eating icecream cake :)

I also just loved having someone that I love (from out side the Edmonton context of my life) come with me for some of my day to day stuff, like Navs meetings and going undercover as I met up with a few of the girls for coffee :D It's just nice to have someone understand that aspect from the "inside" and even to get their perspective on what they see....thanks Kim :P It's always both wierd and amazing to have 2 worlds meet...like Nova Scotia and Edmonton, or Edmonton and Ecuador, or Briercrest and Edmonton...or whatever! To have Pam and Kim in the same appartment makes for quite a few laughs, let me tell you! :D

We spent hours looking at picures of Kim's time in Ecuador, talking about the Mystery that IS our God, and hoping/dreaming about our futures... whatever He might have in store...

We carved pumpkins...really late at night, walked to the market, made the traditional trip to "the real Canadian Superstore" for old times-Moose Jaw's sake :) Ate out...like every meal...I dunno it just happened that way...I had to take her to my favorite places!! Like out for Ethiopian is just an absolute must for anyone coming to the city!! We also both went and got our hair cut...safety in numbers (not sure why but I always find going to get my hair cut a totally intimidating experience...??)--Thankfully I had Kim there too...it'sjust more fun that way :D

The first few days of her visit here were beautiful...but, hey, what would a trip to Edmonton be like without some snow....especially for this Californian!?

I just never get tired of seeing the ways the Lord proves His Faithfulness to me over and over again. He truely cares deeply about our hearts...and He knew how much mine needed to spend some time with hers :) Love you Kim. xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris (and Kim!)
Fun times! It's nice to have someone to do those crazy things with. Chris, I can't wait to see you at Christmas and hear all of your stories, see you soon!

Janna said...

what's with these junk comments eh? shoot.
anyways, just wanted to say that is was sweet to see some pictures and hear the overview of your time with Kimmy. You are looking good sister. :)
oxo