Wednesday, November 22, 2006

PG 14...contains sensitive material...and some animals were harmed in the making of this blog

So not even days after Kim left I discovered that "the Happy Place" appartment had mice :S !! I also discovered that they were camping out inside the matress of the big green bed in the living room that all our guests sleep on...oops-sorry Kim!!:D

How did I discover them? Well, the mouse terds and dried up yellow blotches in one of the cupboards was the first give away...followed by the unveiling of chewed up items...Jordan they loved that sweet potato...who would have thought! :D So later on that same night, I was sitting at the desk emailing and I saw the little bugger run along the wall from the kitchen to the green bed!

Now, truely, mice don't bother me...If we were infested with spiders on the other hand, I would move out so fast it would make your head spin!!!:D One night at 2 am my friend Amy and I decided that we should catch the little guy and put him in the dumpster! Needless to say the scene that followed was HIGHLY hilarious and involved a broom and a cereal box....we were unsucessful. We resored to the more drastic method seen in the photo above... We killed 3 in total and haven't seen any signs of more little mickey mouses in like 2 weeks!

6 comments:

julia said...

man, Chris. mice are sick. I'm glad you don't have them anymore.... I would have been sleeping at Nora's if they were there in the summer. yuck. Spiders I can do. mice, not so much.
love you!

The Essons said...

Oh Chris! Way to catch him -I'm proud of you! We get them lots around here in the "country" -I'm an expert at catching them now -but I always make Matt dispose of them!!!!!

Looks like you had a great time with Kim -it's great to have time with friends like that!

Hopefully I'll see you at Christmas -Matt and I aren't planning on coming to Halifax :0( -He doesn't get much time off and Mom and Dad are coming here -You guys should make a trip to the Miramichi!

We'll have to work something out!

Love ya!

Janna said...

Hey sister.
That is hillarious. We just caught a mouse in our place this week too!! :) We knew we had at least one. Turned out that I had to buy some mouse traps for a youth group game on the weekend. But I looked and looked and the only "trap" that I could come up with was glue. Yes, a plastic tray that you place on the floor along the wall, and in it...VERY sticky glue. We put a little blob of peanut butter and Beth said, "that's going to be one stupid mouse if it falls for that trap!" Well, it was't an hour later, I was in bed and heard that plastic trap moving around outin the kitchen. Poor little thing. It was a terribly humiliating, and inhumane way to die. He wiggled for a while and gave up. I still think we should have put him out of his misery...but we just took him (in the tray) out to the trash, still wiggling. Humm. Ode to mr. mouse. May he rest in...?

Christiane said...

ohhh...that is the sadest little story that I've ever heard! :( I was feeling poorly having to kill these ones, but at least it was quick enough that they weren't suffering! Augh! How do you sleep at night!? I would have cried to see the little guy wiggle like that! I'll BRING you some real mouse traps in March!

It was good to talk to you tonight...I wish we could talk more...I miss you sister :( Can't wait to laugh and carry on for a whole month in March! I'll watch all our Christmas movies by myself in your memory this year...I promise. Love you more than you'll every know. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

wow, that is one graphically violent picture. But its what I came here to see...and i wasn't dissapointed.

Anonymous said...

Chris
I dont think i'll ever forget the triumphant, somewhat evil, look on your face when you showed me that pic of the mouse. LOL. Good times
Amy