Monday, October 02, 2006

Julia and the Bean Stalk


For those of you who have already read Julia's blog entry about our wonderful beans...here are the pictures!!

If you haven't yet been introduced...allow me to tell you the story.

Ally, Julia's fabulous little sister, mailed her out some "friends" from home-deeply concerned that Jules would have no one out here to talk to but me...poor thing-in the form of 4 little bean seeds. Julia forgot about them for a week or two and when she dug them out from their paper towel we were both surprised to find that they had already sprouted!

We quickly found some of my African Violet soil and planted them in this very chique yogurt container, said a prayer over them, and waited...

"Our" little plants were growing well in size, but Jules had to leave for home before the babies came... TA DA!!! We have Bean Babies! At first one of the stalks flowered then a few days later I picked it up for inspection only to completly FREAK OUT and scare my roomate at the JOY of discovering that we had grown a BEAN!! The Joy continues as just 5 days ago I came home from a few days away only to find 2 MORE BEANS! WOW...what good gardners we are!!

1 comment:

julia said...

Chris! They're BEAUTIFUL:D.
good growing job dude. I'm highly excited about them growing so much. They look wonderful... like a bean jungle.
Thanks for the post. It makes me happy.