Sunday, February 01, 2009

Here and Loving it :)

Greetings from Sudan everyone! Praise the Lord we arrived safely on Wednesday afternoon, about 2:30, Sudan time. The flight here was long and in a small plane! We were about 3 hours from Nairobi to Loki (north Kenya) on an MAF (Missionary Aviation Fellowship) plane, then after a short break in Loki for customs and potty break, we flew for another 3 hours to arrive in Doro! The flight was... interesting! I must admit that I find flying in such planes hard on my head... by that I mean that I think too much about just how small the plane is, and just how high we are flying... the mathematics of it in my heads seems to equal out with us plummeting to the earth below! Thank the Lord that His mathematics come out to a different end sum! :) I did however, take that 6 hours as a BIG opportunity for the Lord to teach me about my fear and HIS PEACE... We had come very good conversations, and I spend lots of time worshiping, along with my MP3 player, among clouds that would make ANYONE sing!!

Upon arrival in Doro, these were our Greeters - a lovely sight is it not?? :) I got busy moving my self into my tukul (my hut), and getting the tour of the hospital and nutrition village and everything. More photos of all this to follow eventually - I'm in no rush to snap shots, as I'll be here for a good long time :) Hope you are patient! :) I am growing a great fondness for showering outdoors at sunset, and for the sounds the lizards make at night in my roof!

I'm really just posting to let you know that I'm here safe and sound, and that I really am just loving it :) I am right where the Lord would have me be, and the contentment in my heart reaffirms that for me daily. Thank you for caring and following along, and even more so for your prayers that got me here - and your prayers that will keep me here :).

3 comments:

julia said...

Awww, Chris. I'm so so glad you're so content. Isnt that just the best feeling when you feel so at peace right where you are??
Love you, lady. You know that.

Be safe and enjoy those outdoor showers..
j
p.s. can you post about what happened to your hand please?

Janna said...

hey...in that second pic, is that a Klondike?! :) ha ha!

? said...

I am very interested in returning to Africa and working for christ but I have no theological training whatsoever. My degree and experience is in software engineering from the UK and France. I am currently in the UK but Im a Nigerian national, what would it take for me to work for your organisation in Nigeria?
God bless and much love