Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happiness


Hello Everyone! Thank you for your patience as you've waited for me to update this blog! It's been 2 weeks (ish) now that I've been back in Africa, and it's been wonderful :) It feels very normal to be here, yet "new" because I've never before been to Kenya, and Nairobi is very urban!

As you will hear in my newsletter (if you receive those) I arrived with no glitches, all my luggage, and no problems with getting my visa or going through customs! Thank you for praying! I went almost directly to our SIM South Sudan Spiritual Life Conference, where I finally got to meet the WHOLE South Sudan Team, and start getting to know people! Those of you who know me well, know that big group settings like this are out of my 'zone of comfort', which made for some moments of feeling overwhelmed - but overall it was such a blessing! The Lord really started to make it a reality that I will be heading to Sudan shortly... :) The photo here is of the whole Doro Team - both with short term and long term people.

The last few weeks I've been going through orientation, getting my feet under me, gathering supplies for Sudan, and trying to organize my stuff and get an understanding of how things work within the SIM Sudan office, here in Kenya.

I will be flying into Sudan on January 28th ** so please keep that in your prayers!! I am hoping to get another newsletter out this week before I go so stay tuned! Thanks for your interest and faithful checking of this blog, I will do my best to keep it "up to date" with some pictures (although, the internet isn't exactly "fast" here :P So if I can't upload pictures, or at least, very many, be patient with me - and keep reading, even if it isn't as interesting as it is with photos! :)

I love you all and love hearing from you!
More to come... :)

3 comments:

Janna said...

yea! pictures of you in africa. you should have held up your container of axion. :) love you. so sweet to chat yesterday. ox

khloverofjesus said...

hey thanks for the update!!! You look beautiful on Africa soil and I will be praying for your departure!!! God is so good to get you there with no bumps in the road... love you Chris!!!!

Sonya said...

I'm so happy that you arrived safely. I hope you get a chance to see Dan. I'm always looking forward to your updates!!