Friday, November 28, 2008

I'll fly away, Oh Glory, I'll fly away

It's been 4 and 1/2 years. Four and a half years since these feet of mine touched African soil, and these lungs breathed in African air. Pardon my nostalgia, I can't possibly express what I feel, as that is about to change...

I am very excited to tell you, that I have a one-way ticket to Africa. Not the jump-up-and-down-and-scream type of outward excitement... But the quiet, stirring anticipation of something I've long waited for. The kind of excitement that brings tears to my eyes as I type, because I know that what lays ahead of me, is the story I've been realizing in my heart for 25 years. A story that God has had written since the very beginning. The Prologue is almost over... On January 6th, get ready to turn the page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

-Amy

Anonymous said...

I guess it should be YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE from me as well, eh Punkin! I will try real hard to be nothing but exited for YOU! And forget my selfish ways! I love you so much and am so very proud of you for working so dilligent and hard this year, to put things together and make this happen! Yes, I know He has enabled you, but you have done your part along side of His big part Dear! God Bless You as you have Blessed us for 25 years, and will continur to I am sure! For He Is Worthy!!Dad!