Thursday, October 04, 2007

"I LOVE my Red Room!"

Years ago I had this vision of painting my room red... and it took years to convince my mother that yes I would love it when we were done, and yes, she would too! As we (but mostly my parents-how did I weasel my way out of that one!?) started painting the intense "Chilli Pepper" red all over my walls I saw fear in their eyes...! "Just give it time, I have to get my stuff up on the walls... You'll catch the vision I promise!!" Here is the (mostly) end result... and I absolutely LOVE it... and about once a week, mom will walk in my room as the sun is setting and say "you know... this room really does look nice with the evening sun coming in the window..." YAY! :D -the vision is caught! That picture above my bed was given to me by a few girls from my hall at Briercrest and I got it dry mounted -I love it... (oh, those curtains were my friend Meagan's that she didn't want any more -I love them too!) A bright orange chair -perfect :P ...So many happy African faces... :D Edmontonians -please note the new "happy place" sign location This wall is still awaiting a picture from Edmonton (Meag -the mirror you made me looks so good in here!) Some may find it too bright -too colorful, others too cluttered with pictures and things, and even though Pam Hobbs says "oh my... I don't think I could live in here!"... I LOVE my red room!

5 comments:

julia said...

Can you please decorate MY red room?? Yours looks sooooo goooood.

Anonymous said...

Chris... i love it. It's fabulous. It's beautiful! It's definitely you!
Hope I can come see it in REAL life some time.
Have a great thanksgiving if I don't talk to you before then :)

Amy

The Essons said...

I love it Chris! Great job!!! :0)

How was the SIM retreat???

Love ya!

Tim said...

Looks nice. Great job!

Janna said...

SO COOL!!!!!!!!!! :)