Friday, March 31, 2006

Powerful Beyond Measure...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Nelson Mandela

“Nuestro temor más profundo no es que somos inadecuado. Nuestro temor más profundo es que somos poderoso más allá de la medida. Es nuestra luz, no nuestra oscuridad, que la mayoría del nos asusta. Usted es un niño de Dios. Su jugar pequeño no sirve el mundo. No hay nada culto acerca de encoger para que otras personas no se sientan inseguro alrededor de usted. Todos somos significados para brillar, como niños hacen. Nacemos de hacer el manifiesto la gloria de Dios que está dentro de nosotros. No es apenas en algunos de nosotros, está en todos. Y cuando permitimos nuestro propio brillo ligero, nosotros damos inconscientemente otro permiso de personas a hacer lo mismo. Cuando somos liberados de nuestro propio temor, nuestra presencia libera automáticamente otros.” -Nelson Mandela

This is a quote that has tumbled around in my brian for months...I first heard it on the movie Coach Carter (if you haven't seen it--you MUST)...and when I did, some specific people in my life came to mind. There are parts of this quote (really an excerpt) that I find profoundly true to myown life...I can't explain it in words...other than, the thing that most keeps me from being all that I could be for the Lord, is fear of myself...

I got a spanish translation (which may or may not be a true interpretation) for the bennifit of a very good friend..you know who you are :) May it challenge you to step outside of yourself...for the Glory of the Lord. I Love ya :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris. Just checking to see if you had posted anything about England or California. No pressure...just curious and I'm procrastinating here at the cyber. :) I miss you. I like that quote. I had never heard it before...I don't know, I need to think about that I guess. I'm glad you posted it in Spanish. I hope Armando reads it. I don't know who your special friend is that you posted it for...but that's my hunch. And I hope he finds it. The other night he was over and after he repremanded me for something that happened at camp (long story tell you later)...I got going about his potential (I fear that to him I might sound like the energizer bunny at times...I do unfortunately carry those genes). Wow, that kid. I love him so much and yet he exasperates me like none other... I wonder if that is how God feels about us most of the time. Seeing so much potential in us...and watching us squelch it with our own lack of confidence in who HE can make us to BE. :) Ok. That's it. Going to tackle the looming inbox...oxo

Christiane said...

Thanks Jay :)
I was trying to be descrete for his benifit :) I guess the cat is out of the bag...I'm sure he'll read these comments too...you crack me up :) I love you...call me this weekend ok? I'm off...and we have a heck of a lot to talk about!! :)
xoxo your favorite sister :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
I'm waiting for updates on your life! It has been awhile since your last post and I know you've done some cool stuff in the last little while and I want to hear about it!
Hope exams/papers etc. are going well.....You're almost finished!!!

Anonymous said...

HI Chris!!!
Its' Jen Sante..(aka:Cameron) :0) It's fun that you're doing this! I've been thinking about you, and wondering how you're doing! So what ARE your plans after graduation? You have me very curious, but it sounds exciting! I would absolutely LOVE to see you this summer, it would be really fun. We think we're moving back to good ole Nova Scotia, so that's a huge excitment for me! Well, have a great day/night!
Love you!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Chris, when are you going to update your blog? When your last assignment is done? :)

Christiane said...

LEAVE ME ALONE!!! :) I want to add pictures!! :)

Love you!