Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Peace



Good News... Great News! The election results are finally in (after an almost 10 day delay) and, for the most part peace has remained in Sudan!! Praise the Lord :) This means that we are going home! I fly in less than 12 hours out to Loki (northern Kenya) where I'll stay tomorrow night, and then early on Friday morning I'll be Sudan bound yet again! :) After 5 weeks in Nairobi (that I thought was going to be 2)... I am VERY anxious to get back and see all those that I love. My Mabaan Mom and Dad are supposed to be coming to Doro to see me (I'm sure they also have business in town... I don't think I'm THAT special), and I'm excited to see our guys that we worth with everyday at the clinic... so many friends that I have missed!! Now I just need to be patient until I can get out to Gasmala and grab an armload full of my kids :)

Thank you... TRULY, THANK YOU for praying for this country during this past month. I am thoroughly impressed with the whole election process (in spite of many allegations of fraud and mismanagement that have plastered media - African media, that is - I sorta doubt that the west has covered this much) I am thrilled and flabbergasted that the people in the little corner that I live in even got to vote... Until you've seen the enormity and remoteness of Sudan (particularly the South) I don't think one should say too much about how badly the process was... I am impressed, and stating it for the record :)

May the Peace of the Lord continue to spread throughout this country and beyond.

3 comments:

gawinger said...

We have been praying much for the peace in Sudan too! We are thankful to hear about the results. Glad to hear you are back safely!

Blessings,
Gary & Ardys

Miranda said...

I am so happy to hear everything is peaceful and you'll be getting back to normal - but too bad you didnt stay in Nairobi for a few more days! I'm flying through there on my way to Tanzania on thursday!
Miss you!

Janna said...

what a sweet picture of Rebecca, with Lydia in the background...:) yesterday i had a flash of doro in all its familiarity, and i still pinch myself that that is possible!!!