Sunday, August 31, 2008

A New Direction

So... it's time to stop chronicling the general happenings of life, and start the information flow about Sudan!! :)

If you haven't heard yet, I'm on my way to Sudan - yep, moving... long term relocation :) I'll be Nursing in a very rural hospital in a village called Doro, on the east side of South Sudan. I am hoping to be updating my blog on a 2 month basis as well as sending out newsletters and prayer guides for all those interested... if you haven't been receiving either of those so far and would like to, please just send me an email and I'll get you on my "send too" list right away! Make sure, over the years to come, that you leave me a little note/comment to let me know you were here and if you have any questions or responses to any of the thoughts, stories, or pictures I'll be posting!

I hope you are up for the adventure along with me - this should be interesting!

Stay tuned for some pictures and information about Sudan and the work I'll be doing there in the next few weeks :) Lord willing I'll be on a plane in 4-5 weeks, so I've got lots I can tell you about between now and then!

Thanks for all your love, prayers, and support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Amy Winger's Mom and I have been following your blog since Amy met you in Edmonton. We are very interested in Doro, since Amy went there July 2007, and we would like to be on your mailing list with updates, so we can pray for you! We are excited to hear that you will soon be joining the team there!

God bless,
Ardys (& Gary) Winger

Christiane said...

OH that's great! Nice to "meet" you :) I saw some pictures of the wedding, so I can picture your face too! Send me a quick little email to endsoftheearth21@hotmail.com so I can add you to my address book and I'll then send you my recent Newsletters!
Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christianne! gerry here (geri's neighbor from singapore; big fan of your peanut butter cookies). Just dropping by to say "hello" and that i've been following your blog. i'd love to be on your mailing list and to pray with alongside with u on ur journey. ^_^

love,
gerry

Christiane said...

Awe, thanks so much! Can you email me your email address, or post another comment with it, so I can send things to you? Thanks for your prayers :) Are you the Gerry I know - I know 2 from Sing. - did you come to school in Edmonton too, or is that still another Gerry? ;) Blessings - and thanks for reading!