Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Kory Para Cristo

On March 3rd I finally arrived in Ecuador, 24 hours later than originally planned after a gong-show trip down... Just for the record, I will NEVER travel though or to or from the Calgary airport again... it will be avoided at all cost since 4 of my 5 times have lead to journey detours, delays, o mas denero ($$). I digress... :D

The day I arrived, Janna and I hid out in her house talking and catching up all afternoon, only answering the door once to find a beautiful family of 4 men who had come to welcome me home to Ecuador (Pedro, Luigi, Coco, and Lucho-their Dad). That night was a concert in Bloc 6, of a few bands with guys from the church (Ivan, Carlos, Raul, Daniel, with Alex MCing).

One of the other 'bands' (Kory Para Cristo) was Armando and his sister, Caterine, and cousin, Ibis. They were my favorite of the night-I have to say, as this was my first time hearing and seeing Armando rap :) He really is good, I was so proud of him. And more than that...he LOVES it... he loves singing/ regaton-ing and the words are just beautiful. There was even a guy there who is apparently a famous Christan Regaton dude in Ecuador who performed with Armando and, since the concert, has spent time with him and is going to help Armando get more contacts in the music industry/ business/ ministry. I'm so excited for him... dreams can come true... even in Bastion :) Look at that boy's face... he was one happy fella' that night :D

Ecuador I'm home and I'm happy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!
It looks like you had a good time! I will call you soon so we can catch up.

The Essons said...

Hey Chris -Looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to hear more -I heard you crazy sisters went into the jungle??? :0)

Love ya!

Christiane said...

We sure did!! I've got lots more posts coming with Camp pics and Jungle pics too...Stay tuned ;)