Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bush Babes :)



Check out these chicks :) Who woulda thought that they'd last all summer in the sun, rain, heat, mud, solitude and torture that IS tree planting!! I'm am so impressed with these girls every week when they pile into my appartment dirty, slightly smelly, but with smiles on their faces :) They have been a great blessing in my life the past 2 months when they show up on the door step for their day off. Between sleeping in, the worst Farmer's Tans ever, Keltie eating cookies, doing laundry, falling asleep in church, Sheilagh getting her wisdom tooth pulled, Krista using my phone to talk to Josh for hours on end, Keltie eating more cookies, trips to the Market, eating with Nadia, Mandolin saronades by Amber, Krista's "Christmas Toe" nail clipin at East Coast and Ethiopian Resturants, Keltie doing my dishes, Krista's midnight Birthday Party, Slushie runsgs, "Sheil's Morning Happy Song" on my keyboard, random matanee movies about Piarates, and dang good company and conversation...I have loved having them around!! :) Seriously girls I have been blessed watching the three of you (plus the other 3 girls) get along, encourage each other, make fun of each other, and genuinely love the people you are around this summer :) You have served Christ by serving each other. Thanks for the laughs and the memories, and for sharing all your stories...you are my bush wacking heros :) Only one Question remains... "Sheilagh and Keltie...what ARE you doing NEXT summer??" :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bush Babes, haven't met you but I have to thank you for bringing a touch of the roughneck into Christiane's life (and that is a compliment). Glad to know someone is representing! Hope I get to meet you two.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the manly legs are pretty hot if you ask me!
Glad to hear you're all still alive and going strong! I hope no bears eat your faces off before you get home.
Love Jo

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!
Thanks for updating. I loved reading about your life this summer, as well as the past spring/winter. Enjoy the rest of your summer....and I look forward to seeing you home again soon.
Sarah

The Essons said...

hey chris!

i had no idea you had a blog site -it's great to see your life out in edmonton!

love you!
steph

Anonymous said...

Christiane, it's been fun spending time with thoses girls and for you taking me into your home as a complete stanger.I really enjoyed our talks. I appreciate you for be so welcoming in you home and Julia as well. Thanks for everything, even bumming around till my flight because things did not go as planned. I appreciate it and may the Lord bless you in the journey he brings to you through nursing.

God Bless, Nadia.
Dranadia Roc

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris. I can't remember my blog username and password...smart eh? Go figure. Anyways, I am at the cyber in California for the rest of the morning...and so now FINALLY you should have a little red dot in Ecuador. :) Love you. Sorry it took so long.
j